Godstone Fete & DonkeyiDerby
ThexGreenxGodstone RH9i8DT 11:00amx>x5:00pm
Fetes in Godstone started in 1943 and were held in the grounds of Godstone Court (now demolished and developed into Court Road and Dewlands) and raised funds for the British Legion. In the 1950’s the British Legion, led by John Vaughan, moved the annual August Bank Holiday fete to the Green where it has been held each year since.The present Fete raises funds for village organisations, provides a venue for village societies to raise money for themselves, and provides much fun and entertainment for the public.
Organisations wishing to become beneficiaries of the Fete must apply in writing to the committee by the end of April preceding the Fete. They are expected to take an active role in helping run the event. Since 1985, over £100,000 has been given to beneficiaries and good causes, including a safety play area for children on the Green and a defibrillator at the nearby Orpheus Centre.
Click here to read reports of previous fetes: 2016 2015